About J. Meade & Company
J. Meade & Company is a boutique audit, tax and advisory firm specialising in audit and assurance, taxation, business advisory and corporate finance. We advise a wide range of high net worth individuals, domestic and international businesses, multinationals and both domestic and foreign investors. The firm is a dynamic and fast growing practice and due to our expanding client base, we are seeking to recruit a Tax Senior.
We are seeking to recruit a Tax Senior for our tax team. Reporting directly to the partners, the role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with an ambitious firm of accountants and tax advisors providing tax compliance and planning services to high net worth individuals and partnerships, privately owned businesses/groups and multinationals across a wide range of business sectors including retail and distribution, steel stockholding, pharmaceuticals, software and e-commerce, transport and logistics to name but a few. The firm dynamic provides the candidate with the opportunity of a flexible work/life balance with a challenging and rewarding client base.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in managing the tax compliance division of the practice for both personal taxes and corporate taxes and ensure that all the firm’s clients meet their filing requirements;
- Prepare and submit tax returns under all tax heads;
- Support the staff in respect of general tax queries arising from the preparation of returns or technical tax memoranda to support the client’s filing position;
- Assist the partners with tax planning assignments including international tax planning, succession planning, group restructures and amalgamations, mergers and acquisitions and Revenue audits and interventions;
- Providing written tax advice and reports on ad-hoc technical tax queries from clients;
- Liaising with the Revenue Commissioners on compliance matters and technical queries;
- Assisting the partners with business development;
- Assisting with ad hoc consultancy assignments.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate should possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Finalist/Recently qualified tax consultant (AITI or CTA)
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CPA) would be an advantage
- An excellent academic record with a strong tax knowledge
- Ability to research tax legislation and present advices in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage junior staff members
- Willingness to work towards tight deadlines
- Ambitious with a willingness develop and enhance the firms tax service
We offer competitive packages to all seniors depending on qualifications, academic record and experience.
Contact Details and Start Date
It is intended that the successful candidate will start immediately. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your full curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short cover letter or alternatively you can write to us at J. Meade & Co., 15 Main Street, Raheny, Dublin 5.